At the end of the day, it does not matter how many titles you have earned or what level the titles are...
What matters is your RELATIONSHIP with your dog. Dogs don't care about titles! They care about spending time with their buddy, YOU!
Personally, I would rather spend a weekend doing tons of fun stuff with my dogs instead of waiting around all day at a trial to run two, three, or even four runs. This is the main reason I love video competitions, film a routine in 5 minutes and have the rest of the day to play frisbee, do tricks, hike, go to the beach, find a fun park, and just be one with my dogs!
Oh and if you think that my dogs are not as trained as yours because you have some fancy title, well think again.
Sunday, December 2, 2012
20 Reasons why shock collars should be banned
1. The entire concept is unenlightened
2. Their design and purpose is to deliver pain to animals
3. The threat of pain is as emotionally damaging as the pain itself
4. Shocks will be delivered out of anger and frustration
5. Surprise shocks can cause confusion & erratic behavior
6. Pain & anxiety from repeated shocking can cause aggression
7. Dogs may associate shocks with whoever is close by and attack
8. Collars can cause infections, burns and sores
9. Trial and error method to determine shock level is crude & cruel
10. A dog that can learn with a shock collar can learn without one.
11. Praise, cookies, kisses and clickers work better
12. Shock collars enable the lazy and insensitive
13. Some kennels/day cares/groomers use without the owner’s permission
14. Doesn't facilitate learning,instead punishes "normal" behavior
15. No laws regulating production quality and operational consistency
16. Animal wellness should come before profit
17. Malfunctioning collar causes suffering to animal before visible to owner
18. Often it is the owner, not the dog, who needs correcting
19. It’s antithetical to current canine behavioral science
20. If it’s too cruel to use on a child, it’s too cruel to use on your pet
Is it kind to use painful shocks on your best friend?