Monday, January 7, 2013

Canine Freestyle & Disc Dogging Video Titling

Pam’s Dog Academy now offers dog sport video titling opportunities...
Canine Freestyle Trick Titles
Canine Freestyle Routine Titles
Disc Dogging Titles
 
What: This is an extraordinary dog sport video titling program designed to demonstrate the amazing bond that you have with your dog.  It is people coming together and showing how dogs can be trained using “Force Free” methods and earning titles in the process.  It is a program that allows for all dogs and their humans to compete in dog sports no matter where you live. 
Why: You are able to earn titles in a STRESS FREE environment of your choice, at your own leisure, and without spending an entire weekend at a trial.  Maybe you live too far away from live competitions or they are just not offered in your area.  Video competitions are great for those with shy or reactive dogs. 
When:You can submit your video at anytime you would like.  
Who: Every person and Every dog from ANYWHERE around the World can participate. 
How: Film, upload your footage to YouTube, and submit video’s in Canine Freestyle Tricks, Canine Freestyle Routines, Disc Dogging and Agility (coming soon) to earn titles with your dog.  
Where: All videos will be submitted to Pam’s Dog Academy via email or mail.
Follow all the directions in the rules & procedures...

4 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering how the world of dog training is served by having yet another place to gain titles with, presumably, another set of standards for how things will be judged. It seems to me that when titles are granted by organizations with a history in the sport, rather than individuals, that it ups the odds of people coming together, learning from each other and refining the rules together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn,
    I can understand how one would feel that way. I created these titles because I also compete in many other organizations with my dogs doing canine freestyle and have always been a bit irritated by the way they judge and some of their rules. I also also wanted to be able to help novice freestylers by allowing some reinforcement in the ring. It is challenging keeping your dog motivated for 2 minutes and weening the dog off the reinforcement instead of just going cold turkey. :) Many of these rules were developed when Emily Larlham and I had our freestyle club with lots of members, but once she moved it was too difficult for me to keep it all up. I have been competing in dog sports for 8 years and personally don't like live events for many many reasons, which is just another reason I created "yet another place" for people to earn titles. I think the more the merrier. Like I said I compete in many organizations with my dogs and I would enter other peoples events if they had them. :) I love doing anything that will require me to be able to spend more time with my dogs. :) Hope that clears things up a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may be interested (though competing in yet another club is a bit daunting) but I can't find the information on your linked page. I would like to be able to easily read up on the requirements for competition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you go to the www.pamsdogtraining.com and at the top menu you should see titles, then click on the tile you are interested in and then you will see pdf forms of the rules as well as entry forms. Hope that helps.
    Thanks,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete